We’d love for you to be the face of IU, but if you’re not comfortable in front of the camera, photo and video shoots aren’t the only way you can participate in the Student Voice Project. Explore marketing research expectations instead.
The purpose of the shoot
- We shoot candid photos and videos year-round, but sometimes an official, planned IU photo or video shoot is needed to get the job done.
- These shoots are designed to capture the essence and beauty—the vibe, if you will—of IU.
- We organize “seasonal” photo shoots twice a year, in the spring and fall, when the campus is at its best.
- We also organize photo shoots for schools, departments, and units at IU, when they need us.
Timing and availability
- Photo shoots can last a few hours or a few days, depending on the location and the nature of the shoot. A few hours of shooting involves equipment setup, art direction, and the logistics of getting everyone in the right place at the right time. Sometimes, we even have to sit there and wait for the sun to shine, set, rise, etc. Please show up early and be prepared to spend lots of time with us.
- Please, do not skip class to be in a photo or video shoot. We will check all student schedules to find times and dates that work for the larger group.
- Before the day of the shoot, we will need to know the best way to contact you, preferably your cell phone number. This is so we can reach you if the shoot is canceled, postponed, or moved to another location. IU will never sell, rent, or give away your contact information.
- We will also ask you to sign a model release form when you arrive. This simply states that you are okay with being photographed, and that you are okay with us using the photographs in marketing materials.